This week the timber floor at Wellington Oceans Sports is being repaired, sanded and polyurethaned thanks to funding from New Zealand Community Trust. This is a continuation of the building restoration work they have supported in order to ensure Wellington Ocean Sports is fit for purpose and a quality regional training base we can be proud of.
There are only a few days left to book on Wellington Ocean Sports first Boatmaster course of the year that commences on Monday 25 April and runs over Monday and Wednesday evenings. Boatmaster is a comprehensive theory only course covering all the esentials you need including - safety, equipment, weather, rules of the road and navigation.
It’s been a fantastic week on the school holiday programme with 12 kids enjoying perfect conditions out on the water!! The good news is the forecast looks just as good for next week and we still have 3 places available for booking. We are running five days next week from 1.00pm to 4.00pm including ANZAC Day.
Autumn is hitting us, the mornings are getting crisper and days are getting shorter. However we have been very lucky here in Wellington, with the great weather sticking around for the most part. We have had an incredible summer at Wellington Ocean Sports with lots of activity on the water, and over 1000 students participating in our Safe Boating Programme in the last year.
On the evening of Thursday 28 April there will a practical flare evening on Wellington Harbour. Wellington Ocean Sports have secured 14 places on the boat that will be taking part and these places are being offered to students on the Boatmaster course commencing on 25 April in the first instance.
Thinking of doing an offshore yacht race in the future??? Now is the time to square away an Advanced Sea Survival Course. Wellington Ocean Sports next course will be running over the weekend of Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 August 2016. Advanced Sea Survival is a comprehensive theoretical and practical course required by crew competing in Category 1 offshore races. The course is ISAF and Yachting New Zealand approved and held over one weekend.
During the week of 21 to 24 March students from Paremata School and He Huarahi Tamariki School completed the Wellington Ocean Sports 2 hour safe boating session courtesy of Mana Community Grants Foundation funding.
Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme is commencing next on 18 April and bookings are being taken now. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period including - Sailing, Kayaking, Waka Ama and Stand Up Paddleboard.
On Saturday 13 February Wellington Ocean Sports together with Armstrong Prestige ran a fun family open day as part of the Yachting New Zealand Volvo Sailing and Boating Week. Perfect weather greeted the 162 participants who undertook a have a go session in either sailing, kayaking, windsurfing or stand up paddleboard.
Wellington Ocean Sports first Boatmaster course of the year commences on Monday 25 April and runs over Monday and Wednesday evenings. Boatmaster is a comprehensive theory only course covering all the esentials you need including - safety, equipment, weather, rules of the road and navigation.
- Christmas Update
- Gift Certificates available now
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre restoration proceeding well
- Corporate sailing and end of year functions
- Safe Boating Week underway with a splash
- WOS October Update
- NZ Water Safety Sector Strategy launch huge success
- Tawa College NCEA course underway
- Wellington Ocean Sports Spring promotion underway
- School Holiday Programme - Get in quick!
- WOS Spring Update
- Advanced Sea Survival course huge success
- Coastal Medic Course this weekend
- New roof for Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports School Holiday Programme Bookings Being Taken
- Wellington Community Trust delivery underway
- Last Boatmaster course for the year available for booking
- WOS Winter Update 2015
- Schools Programme funding received
- Wellington Ocean Sports Staff complete Workplace First Aid
- Crew Available!!
- Porirua College Students Learn the Ropes
- WOS Winter Racing
- Wellington Ocean Sports host SUP instructors course
- First Day Skipper course of the year commencing Tuesday evening
- Autumn Update
- Wellington Ocean Sports February Update
- 100 students from Porirua College undertake Safe Boating Programme
- Cruising Skipper 43 Great Success
- Schools Safe Boating Education Programme Underway
- School groups get best of the weather
- 10% Off learn to sail course commencing this Saturday
- Wellington Ocean Sports November Update
- Stunning weather for first week of holiday programme
- Places available on cruising courses this weekend
- First week of holiday programme sold out
- Next learn to sail course commences Tuesday 21 October
- Wellington Ocean Sports Spring Update
- Holiday Programme Places Available
- Friday Night With PJ huge success