Looking for that gift for the person who has everything?? Looking for some great stocking fillers??? Want a Christmas present the whole family can enjoy?? Well Wellington Ocean Sports has just the thing for you. We can provide a voucher for every course we offer or for any value.
Over the last month great progress has been made toward restoring the Wellington Ocean Sports Centre to it’s previous condition and equipping it to deal with expansion of the safe boating programmes we run.
Last call !!! Did you know that unless it as an emergency, it is a legal requirement to have a Radio Operators Qualification before operating a marine VHF radio? If you need to get the qualification then we have the course for you! Our last VHF course for the year is running over Monday and Wednesday eveing next week, 30 November and 2 December. There are still several places availble for booking.
Now is the time of the year to book your corporate sailing session or end of year function with Wellington Ocean Sports!!! Sailing is a fantastic team building activity, no experience is necessary and everything you need is provided. We have two purpose built keelboats and can take up to 14 people on the water at once. We run larger groups in sessions or across a range of ocean sports such as stand up paddleboard, kayak and Windsurfing.
On Friday 16 October Wellington Ocean Sports Manager joined 26 other boating education leaders in a jump off Queens Wharf to remember the 27 people who drowned in recreational boating last year. The jump organised by Maritime New Zealand also marked the beginning of Safe Boating week.
Both of the Wellington Ocean Sports boats will be out on the water to view the Wellington Sky Show on Saturday November 7. The sail is commencing at 7.30pm with a 90 minute sail out on the harbour before anchoring up to view the fireworks. There is no better place to view the display, so avoid disappointment and book your place today!!
Hold on to your hats, Spring is here!! Although the weather has been a mixed bag of late we have had some fantastic days out on the water. The temperature is definitely on the rise, the days are getting longer and we have plenty of ways for you to spend the extra daylight hours!! Read on....
On Tuesday 22 September Wellington Ocean Sports Manager Matt Wood attended the Water Safety New Zealand Annual General Meeting, Sector Forum and 2020 Strategy Launch. As a delegate member of Water Safety New Zealand Wellington Oceans Sports have been feeding into the strategy development process and are involved in the actual delivery of water safety programmes.
Did you know that unless it as an emergency, it is a legal requirement to have a Radio Operators Qualification before operating a marine VHF radio? If you need to get the qualification then we have the course for you! Our last VHF course for the year is running over the evenings of 30 November and 2 December and is now available for booking.
This week 14 students from Tawa College are completing their 28 hour NCEA learn to Sail course. The course is largely based on the standard Level 1 Yachting New Zealand learn to sail course, but with some components from the level two courses such as rowing and swimming 50 metres in full wet weather gear. Upon completion the students will receive 9 level 2 unit standards.
- Wellington Ocean Sports Spring promotion underway
- School Holiday Programme - Get in quick!
- WOS Spring Update
- Advanced Sea Survival course huge success
- Coastal Medic Course this weekend
- New roof for Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports School Holiday Programme Bookings Being Taken
- Wellington Community Trust delivery underway
- Last Boatmaster course for the year available for booking
- WOS Winter Update 2015
- Schools Programme funding received
- Wellington Ocean Sports Staff complete Workplace First Aid
- Last winter VHF course available for booking
- Crew Available!!
- Porirua College Students Learn the Ropes
- WOS Winter Racing
- Wellington Ocean Sports host SUP instructors course
- First Day Skipper course of the year commencing Tuesday evening
- Autumn Update
- Wellington Ocean Sports February Update
- 100 students from Porirua College undertake Safe Boating Programme
- Cruising Skipper 43 Great Success
- Schools Safe Boating Education Programme Underway
- School groups get best of the weather
- 10% Off learn to sail course commencing this Saturday
- Wellington Ocean Sports November Update
- Stunning weather for first week of holiday programme
- Places available on cruising courses this weekend
- First week of holiday programme sold out
- Next learn to sail course commences Tuesday 21 October
- Wellington Ocean Sports Spring Update
- Holiday Programme Places Available
- Friday Night With PJ huge success
- Winter Series success for Wellington Ocean Sports crew
- Corporate Sailing and Team Building
- Wellington Ocean Sports Winter Update
- Holiday Programme available for booking
- MRX fleet leaving Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre feasibility study published
- Wellington Ocean Sports reaches 400 mark