The pecking order for the finals of the Xmas 2013 Wellington Spirit Sailing League were determined on day four with some of the tightest racing ever seen in the league. Mediaworks came out on top of some very close finishes ... and takes a one point advantage into finals week.
A stunning day greeted the teams on day three of the Xmas 2013 Wellington Spirit Sailing League. Catalyst led the charge on the day and the leaderboard has now tightened up going into day four ... the last day of racng before the finals.
During week two of the 2013 pre Xmas Wellington Spirit Sailing League the competition has tightened up with Mediaworks shooting up the leaderboard with three first places to now be tied for the lead with Meridian. There is still plenty of sailing to go so anything could happen from here on in and both Catalyst and Bexhill are still close to the top of the leaderboard.
The Wellington Spirit Sailing League started in near perfect conditions this week with a light breeze and plenty of sunshine which greated the four teams from Meridian Energy, Catalyst, MediaWorks and Bexhill who were all vying to take home the Wellington Spirit Sailing League Trophy, November 2013 edition.
The league involves five weeks of friendly inter business competition leading into Christmas and we would love to have you involved.
Olla, I have spent the last week sailing in Santander Spain at the test event for the 2014 ISAF World Sailing Championships. It has been a great week and I have managed to come out on top of a pretty small fleet in the Finn Class.
Congratulations Matt Steven and the Full Metal Jacket Racing Team on 2nd overall at the Red Bull Youth America's Cup. Awesome effort. Also well done New Zealand Sailing Team with ETNZ on taking out the title ... outstanding!
Check out some photos of Matt and the FMJ Team in action here
Wellington Spirit sailor Josh Junior has finished in ninth place at the 2013 Finn Gold Cup in Tallin Estonia. After finishing sixth in the double points medal race Junior moved up one place from the qualifying rounds. This completes a successful European campaign which also involved a fifth placing at the European Championships in Germany.
Read Josh's end of regatta report and check out a video featuring Josh as guest commentator after the medal race here
Wellington Spirit sailor Matt Steven is in San Francisco getting ready to sail in the Red Bull Youth Americas Cup with the Full Metal Jacket racing Team. He filed this report after two days of practice racing.
We've just got off the water after two days of practice racing in the AC 45s. We have strung together a few good results with a third, two seconds and a frst in the four races sailed.
Wellington Spirit sailor Josh Junior is in Tallin Estonia sailing in the 2013 Finn Gold Cup. After a hard first day he has bounced back on day two to climb up the rankings. Here is a report of how the reagtta is going so far.
It’s only day 2 of the Finn World Championships 2013, and yet it feels like we have been racing for a week. The races are extremely tactical, and keeping your head about you when things go wrong is tough. But today I managed to string a few things together, and came out on the right side of it all with a 2nd and a 12th, leaving me in 15th overall.
- Wellington Spirit in fourth place on Grand Slam rankings after Detroit Cup
- Wellington Spirit at Detroit leg of the USA Grand Slam Tour
- Wellington Spirit on the Podium in Chicago
- Wellington Spirit at Chicago leg of USA Grand Slam Tour
- Wellington Spirit at Finn Gold Cup - Josh Junior fits in a bit of Opera ahead of the main event
- Wellington Spirit at Youth America's Cup - Matt Steven and FMJ racing get down to business
- Wellington Spirit at Chicago Match Race Cup - the team settles into venue
- Wellington Spirit at European Finn Champs - Josh Junior finishes in fifth overall
- Wellington Spirit at European Finn Champs - Josh Junior in 3rd overall with one day before finals
- Wellington Spirit at European Finn Champs - Josh Junior in 4th overall after day two
- Matthew Steven ready to depart for Youth Americas Cup
- Wellington Spirit at European Finn Champs - a win on day one
- All in a day's work at the Eurpoean Finn Champs
- Wellington Spirit launches 2013-2014 competition plan
- Wellington Spirit match racing skipper starts internship in Chicago
- Look who is the poster boy for the Red Bull Youth America's Cup
- Wellington Spirit starts training for USA Grand Slam Match Racing Tour
- Josh Junior wins bronze medal at Sailing World Cup
- Wellington Spirit sailors on the move to next events
- Matt Steven at ACT 2 of 2013 Extreme Sailing Series in Singapore
- Josh Junior at the Princess Sofia World Cup of Sailing regatta
- Bexhill come out on top of Wellington Spirit Business Sailing League
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week four, day two
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week four, day one
- Fantastic Video of Wellington Spirit Sailing League Action
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week three, day two
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week three, day one
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week two, day two
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week two, day one
- Matt Steven to sail in Youth Americas Cup
- Group two, Day two, Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Group one, Day one of the 2013 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Matt Steven at Youth Americas Cup trials with Full Metal Jacket Racing
- Josh Junior shows Wellington Spirit with win at Sail Auckland Regatta
- The 2013 Wellington Spirit Sailing League is here!
- Catalyst Wins Silver Fleet Final
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League Grand Final ... and the winner is!
- Gold and Silver fleets decided in Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week 3, group 2
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week 3, group 1