Wellington Ocean Sports will be running a Coastguard Coastal Medic Course over the weekend of 30 and 31 August. As well as its marine applications, this course exceeds the Health and Safety requirements of “two day workplace first aid”, so has many commercial usages.
Although winter has well and truly set in there is still plenty of action happening at Wellington Ocean Sports. Over the last couple of months we have had it all – our establishment funding has come to an end which has resulted in a restructure, the MRX’s are gone, we received fantastic recognition at the Wellington Sports Awards securing sports administrator of the year and on top of all that there has been plenty of activity out on the water!!!
Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme is commencing next on 29 September and bookings are being taken now. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period including - Sailing, Kayaking, Waka Ama and Stand Up Paddleboard.
It is with regret we announce that from 1 August 2014 Wellington Ocean Sports will no longer be managing the MRX fleet. The MRX's have been a feature on Wellingtons sailing landscape from the early 2000's, with RPNYC having involvement from 2007. The MRX's have played a part in the development and promotion of sailing in the Wellington region and were the backbone of initiatives such as the regional club keelboat regatta and the Wellington Spirit sailing league.
Wellington Ocean Sports will be running an Advanced Sea Survival Course over the weekend of Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 September 2014. Advanced Sea Survival is a comprehensive theoretical and practical course required by crew competing in Category 1 offshore races. The course is ISAF and Yachting New Zealand approved and held over one weekend.
For the past three years Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club has been working with Sport New Zealand, Wellington City Council and a group of four other ocean sports on the Wellington Ocean Sports active communities project.
On the 12th of July Wellington Ocean Sports is scheduled to run it’s 400th Learn to Sail Course !!!! To celebrate this all past and present students, their friends and families (in fact everyone) are invited to the RPNYC Wardroom on Friday the 4th of July to celebrate. For only $15 per person you can attend the celebration and enjoy the Wardroom’s very popular pizza and a beverage.
The Coastguard Boating Education courses Day Skipper, Boatmaster and Coastal Skipper are now available for booking at Wellington Ocean Sports. Now is the perfect time of the year to get into the classroom and formalise your boating education and Wellington Ocean Sports have several courses for you to choose from.
Wellington Ocean Sports graduates were well represented at the 2014 RPNYC Prize Giving which went ahead last Saturday night. The highlight of the night was the awarding of the Stephen Sargent Memorial Trophy for grad of the year to Ilana Miller.
We are pleased to announce that Wellington Ocean Sports Project Manager Matt Wood has been named as a finalist for administrator of the year category at the Wellington Sports awards. The awards dinner is being held on Thursday 12 June at the TSB Arena where the category winners will be revealed.
- WOS Winter Update
- Winter Racing
- Learn to sail course places available
- Sir Peter Blake Trust attend Wellington Ocean Sports Centre
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host YNZ Keelboat Coach Course
- Coastal Skipper bookings being taken
- Next Boatmaster course scheduled for June
- Coastal Skipper course announced for August
- Want some child free time over the school holidays??
- School Water Safety Programme Bookings Being Taken
- Day Skipper Course Announced
- Windsurfing Lessons All Go!!
- Cruising Skipper visited by Dolphins & Orca
- Holiday Adventures at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Get out on the Harbour this weekend
- What's on at Wellington Ocean Sports in 2014?
- Holiday Programme Places Still Available
- SUP Boot Camp is here
- Wellington Slalom Plus Windsurfing 2013
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host Waka Ama safety road show
- Wellington Ocean Sports secures drowning prevention funding
- Glorious day for 2013 Business Yacht Race
- Make the most of this magnificent weather
- D'Urville Island Trip a success
- Inaugural Grads Prize Awarded
- Holiday adventures continue!!
- Grads Prize For Spring Series Announced
- Coastal Medic Course Announced
- Advanced Sea Survival Course Completed
- Spring Racing Not Far Away!!!
- Coastal Skipper Course Commences Monday
- Expressions of Interest Sought
- Cruising Crew Commences This Saturday
- Wellington Ocean Sports Crew "Takes Over"
- First Aid Course Announced
- Wellington Ocean Sports feature on All Sports Breakfast show
- What's coming up at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Improve those Racing Skills
- Coastal Skipper bookings being taken now
- VHF Radio Operators Course available for booking