Wellington Ocean Sports is running a Coastal Skipper course starting on 25 August and running on Monday and Wednesday evenings until 13 October. This is a prestigious course and it's qualification is a certificate of competency intended for anyone wishing to make coastal passages outside immediate harbour limits.
Wellington Ocean Sports has two boats entered in the last race of the 2013/2014 season, the Commodore's Trophy Race. This is one of the highlights of the racing calendar and traditionally has a great turn out on the water followed by an equally well patronised evening in the Wardroom.
With winter fast approaching it is time to start looking at getting into the nice warm classroom to do some theory courses during the long dark winter evenings. Wellington Ocean Sports have a variety of Coastguard Boating Education courses including Day Skipper, Boatmaster and Coastal Skipper. Boatmaster is a prerequisite for Coastal Skipper and our next Boatmaster course in June is the last chance to complete this prior to the Coastal Skipper course in August.
Wellington Ocean Sports is holding it's annual Coastal Skipper course starting on 25 August and running on Monday and Wednesday evenings until 13 October. This is a prestigious course and it's qualification is a certificate of competency intended for anyone wishing to make coastal passages outside immediate harbour limits.
Keen on some child free time over the school holidays??? Wellington Ocean Sports can help!!! We will be running our school holiday programme over both weeks of the school holidays. We have a 3 day option commencing on April 22 and a 5 day option commencing on April 28.
Wellington Ocean Sports have four Farr MRX's available for charter and can now offer discounts to RPNYC members and repeat users. The MRX's are identical, set up for charter making them easy to use and purpose built for racing. The boats are set up and ready to go, so you can just walk on and walk off at either Clyde Quay or Shed 5.
We are pleased to announce that the very popular Coastguard Boating Education course “Day Skipper” is again being offered at Wellington Ocean Sports. Day Skipper is a 15 hour theory only course that is applicable to all water users. No experience is necessary to attend the course, but it is also ideal for those with boating experience who have never undertaken formal boating education.
Now is the perfect time of the year to get involved in windsurfing and we have several places available in this Sundays learn to windsurf course. This Windsurfing New Zealand approved course comes highly recommended and includes a year’s membership to the Wellington Windsurfing Association.
Wellington Ocean Sports ran a Cruising Skipper course last weekend and the reports of Dolphins & Orca participating in the course have been flooding in. See below a report from Ron Meijer, one of the lucky ones that got to spend three days in the Sounds with the locals.
- Holiday Adventures at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Get out on the Harbour this weekend
- What's on at Wellington Ocean Sports in 2014?
- MRX Sprint Sailing Series - Summer dates announced
- Holiday Programme Places Still Available
- SUP Boot Camp is here
- Wellington Slalom Plus Windsurfing 2013
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host Waka Ama safety road show
- Wellington Ocean Sports secures drowning prevention funding
- Glorious day for 2013 Business Yacht Race
- Make the most of this magnificent weather
- D'Urville Island Trip a success
- Coastal Medic Course Places Available
- Inaugural Grads Prize Awarded
- Holiday adventures continue!!
- Grads Prize For Spring Series Announced
- Coastal Medic Course Announced
- Advanced Sea Survival Course Completed
- Spring Racing Not Far Away!!!
- Coastal Skipper Course Commences Monday
- Expressions of Interest Sought
- Cruising Crew Commences This Saturday
- Wellington Ocean Sports Crew "Takes Over"
- First Aid Course Announced
- Wellington Ocean Sports feature on All Sports Breakfast show
- What's coming up at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Improve those Racing Skills
- Coastal Skipper bookings being taken now
- VHF Radio Operators Course available for booking
- Winter Cruising & Racing
- Wellington Ocean Sports Instructors off for winter adventure
- Boatmaster course starts July
- Boating Education courses at Wellington Ocean Sports
- What's on at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Windsurfing Association event a success
- Group and Business Sailing Opportunities available at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports becomes Surfing New Zealand approved SUP school
- SUP up and away!!!
- WOW it's busy at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports School Programme