We are pleased to announce that the very popular Coastguard Boating Education course “Day Skipper” is again being offered at Wellington Ocean Sports. Day Skipper is a 15 hour theory only course that is applicable to all water users. No experience is necessary to attend the course, but it is also ideal for those with boating experience who have never undertaken formal boating education.
Now is the perfect time of the year to get involved in windsurfing and we have several places available in this Sundays learn to windsurf course. This Windsurfing New Zealand approved course comes highly recommended and includes a year’s membership to the Wellington Windsurfing Association.
Wellington Ocean Sports ran a Cruising Skipper course last weekend and the reports of Dolphins & Orca participating in the course have been flooding in. See below a report from Ron Meijer, one of the lucky ones that got to spend three days in the Sounds with the locals.
Each programme consists of a range of Ocean Sports including Kayaking, Keelboat Sailing, Stand Up Paddleboarding as well as many participants ending up swimming!
With the weather we have been having recently we need to make the most of those sunny days with a perfect sailing breeze. Luckily Wellington Ocean Sports has a full range of activities on this weekend to make the most of the weather and get you out on the Harbour...
What a fantastic year 2013 was, with plenty of ocean sports action happening of the Harbour. Here at Wellington Ocean Sports we have even more action planned for 2014! Whether you are interested in Kayaking, Keelboat Sailing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Windsurfing or Waka Ama we have activities that will keep you entertained all year!
Wellington Ocean Sports is running an MRX Sprint Sailing Series over 7 weeks this summer starting on 4 February 2014.
Over eating over Christmas? Don’t fear, Wellington Ocean Sports will help you kick start your fitness with stand up paddle boarding (SUP) and land based cross training boot camp sessions. SUP targets core strength while cross training will ensure the strength and cardiovascular bases are covered.
- Wellington Slalom Plus Windsurfing 2013
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host Waka Ama safety road show
- Wellington Ocean Sports secures drowning prevention funding
- Glorious day for 2013 Business Yacht Race
- Make the most of this magnificent weather
- D'Urville Island Trip a success
- Coastal Medic Course Places Available
- Inaugural Grads Prize Awarded
- Holiday adventures continue!!
- Grads Prize For Spring Series Announced
- Coastal Medic Course Announced
- Advanced Sea Survival Course Completed
- Spring Racing Not Far Away!!!
- Coastal Skipper Course Commences Monday
- Expressions of Interest Sought
- Cruising Crew Commences This Saturday
- Wellington Ocean Sports Crew "Takes Over"
- First Aid Course Announced
- Wellington Ocean Sports feature on All Sports Breakfast show
- What's coming up at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Improve those Racing Skills
- Coastal Skipper bookings being taken now
- VHF Radio Operators Course available for booking
- Winter Cruising & Racing
- Wellington Ocean Sports Instructors off for winter adventure
- Boatmaster course starts July
- Boating Education courses at Wellington Ocean Sports
- What's on at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Windsurfing Association event a success
- Group and Business Sailing Opportunities available at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports becomes Surfing New Zealand approved SUP school
- SUP up and away!!!
- WOW it's busy at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports School Programme
- Wellington Ocean Sports on Campbell Live
- Orca visit Oriental Bay
- Clyde Quay Marina gets a visit by a BIG stingray!
- Eleven more Wellington Ocean Sports students qualify as Cruising Skippers
- Boatmaster Course for the Defence Force
- Inaugural Waka Ama Business by the Beach a success