Wellington Ocean Sports is holding its monthly open day this Saturday. For only a gold coin donation you can have a go at Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Waka Ama, Kayaking and Windsurfing. There are still several places available for booking, so gather your friends and family and sign up now!!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Wellington Ocean Sports Centre on 939 6702.
This winter Wellington Ocean Sports have a variety of Coastguard Boating Education courses that will make your boating next summer (and on those nice winter days) that much safer and more enjoyable.
So here is what is on offer over the next few months...
Wellington Ocean Sports is pleased to announce that we will be running Friday night stand up paddleboard sessions throughout the month of May. These sessions will be run between 5pm and 6pm, starting at the Clyde Quay Marina and concluding with a complementary beverage at the RPNYC Wardroom, making it a fantastic way to finish off the working week.
What an amazing summer it has been, and Wellington seems to just keep turning on the magnificent days! With the weather being so good, here at Wellington Ocean Sports we have had hundreds of people out on the harbour doing the full range of Ocean Sports that we offer.
So, what do we have on offer over the next month...
On Sunday 28 April Wellington Ocean Sports assisted the Wellington Windsurfing Association to run their final slalom event of season. We have partnered with Wild Winds and the Wellington Windsurfing Assoication (WWA) to grow windsurfing in the Wellington region.
Our friendly experienced qualified skippers are ready and waiting to get you out sailing. No experience is necessary so come and have some fun on Wellington Harbour.
Click here to find out how
We are proud to announce that Wellington Ocean Sports has been approved as a Surfing New Zealand stand up paddle board school. Surfing New Zealand are the national body responsible for SUP and qualify both the SUP instructors and school.
Wellington Ocean Sports is running a school holiday programme commencing on 22 April. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period. Windsurfing, Sailing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Waka Ama and Stand Up Paddle board are all on the agenda!!
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) lessons are taking off at Wellington Ocean Sports. In the last month we have had over 100 people undertake our 1 hour lesson and paddle. There is no easier way to get out on the water and enjoy the harbour. SUP is also great for fitness.
What an amazing summer it has been! The weather has been fantastic and here at Wellington Ocean Sports we have had hundreds of people out on the harbour doing the full range of Ocean Sports that we offer, from Keelboat Sailing to Stand Up Paddleboarding, Windsurfing to Waka Ama or even Kayaking, things have been going strong.
- Wellington Ocean Sports School Programme
- Wellington Ocean Sports on Campbell Live
- Orca visit Oriental Bay
- Clyde Quay Marina gets a visit by a BIG stingray!
- Eleven more Wellington Ocean Sports students qualify as Cruising Skippers
- Boatmaster Course for the Defence Force
- Inaugural Waka Ama Business by the Beach a success
- Wellington Ocean Sports graduate Brian Sharpe charters a yacht in Tahiti
- Wellington Ocean Sports Instructor walks the talk at national championships
- Ocean Sports Schools Holiday programme a great success
- Join Port Nic Paddlers Here!!!
- Jo Aleh and Polly Powrie a hit at open day
- Nearly 200 School Children in 3 days
- Coastal Skipper course a success
- Surfing New Zealand SUP Instructors Course Completed
- Another Advanced Sea Survival Course Completed
- WOW it's busy at the WOSC!
- GrabOne deal a huge success
- Cruising Skipper 38 a great success
- Wellington Ocean Sports promo video
- Perfect weather for Wellington Ocean Sports open day
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre features on TVNZ breakfast show
- Class of 2012
- School Children enjoy Wellington Harbour
- Exciting new sailing coaching programme launched
- Wellington Ocean Sports logo explained
- Wellington Ocean Sports Project celebrates end of year one with the launch of a new website
- Wellington Ocean Sports launches night sailing experience
- Advanced Sea Survival course a success