Te Matau a Māui (ocean voyaging canoe) will be coming to Wellington for Matariki Celebrations, arriving Saturday 8 June. There are a host of events planned for the week ending 16 June, including an opportunity to have a harbour sail and experience this kaupapa with crew.
Interest is high and time and space limited and would be great if you and your team would consider this experience.
More details will follow regarding meeting space however boarding and departure would be either Queens Wharf by Fergs or Chaffers by Te Papa.
What would be involved?
· Brief from crew H & S (lifejackets provided)
· Tour of waka on board
· Set sail – harbour trip (on water up to 1.5 hours by time underway and prepared)
· Chance to help crew on waka
· Share experiences with crew while on sail
· See significant sights around harbour