The Youth Scheme are proud to announce the selection of the team to defend Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club's title at the 2013 Governor's Cup at the Balboa Yacht Club in California. The team is Adam Middleton (helm), Sam Mackay (main) and William Eastman (bow).
Wellington Youth Scheme Under 21 Squad member George Gautrey has sailed an outstanding regatta to finish in second place at the 2013 Starling National Championships. Sailing for Muritai Yacht Club, 15 year old Gautrey put together a very strong regatta in the tricky conditions on Queen Charlotte Sound to finish on the podium ahead of many older sailors.
The Port Nicholson Yachitng Trust are pleased to announce that the New Zealand International Yachitng Trust has made a grant to the Youth Scheme to contribute towards the international competition expenses of the Under 21 Match Racing Squad. "We are delighted to have the support of the New Zealand International Yachting Trust for the coming season" said Port Nicholson Yachting Trust chairman Matt Taylor. "Their support is really going to help us continue to put the scheme, the club and city onto the world stage."
During the winter months Wellington youth sailors are invited to participate in the Port Nicholson Yachting Trust’s Winter Match Racing Programme. We are now calling for expressions of interest in this programme.
Hutt International Boys School featuring Youth Scheme sailors George Gautrey, Callum Pritchard, Dan McDowall and Jono Francis claimed victory in the 2013 Harken Schools Regatta hosted by the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron over the weekend of 9 & 10 March.
The RPNYC Youth Scheme Team consisting of Adam Middleton, Basil Connor, Will Eastman, Josh Cook and Mackenzie Taylor have finished second in the Harken International Youth Match Racing Regatta in Auckland.
Day 3 was another long day with racing unable to start until the race committee found a light sea breeze in Mechanics Bay at 1.30pm. With 5 flights left in the round robin everyone knew it was going to be a late finish. The team were happy to have a bye in the first race of the day where the conditions were very light and shifty. Fortunately the breeze stabilised at 10-12 knots providing great racing conditions.
Day 1 was a long day with racing not being able to get underway until 12 due to light winds when a shifty southerly filled in. With a forecast of light winds tomorrow the race committee were keen to push through as many flights as possible which meant the teams were on the water until after 7pm.
Sam Gilmour’s team from the Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club have won the 2013 CenterPort International Youth Match Racing Championships in the closest final seen for many years on the Trans Tasman Youth Match Racing Circuit. Racing could not have been closer against Ash Rooklyn’s team from the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia in the final series which went to an unprecedented sixth match.
- Semi finalists are confirmed on day three of the CentrePort champs
- Check out the 2013 CentrePort Photo Gallery
- Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club secures lead after round robin one
- Teams begin to establish a pecking order at the end of day one at CentrePort champs
- Meet this year's CentrePort teams
- Urge the sailors on in the 2013 CentrePort Fanzone
- CentrePort Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions and Round Robin Draws available
- 2013 CentrePort Youth Match Racing Championship
- Sailors make Final Preparations for CentrePort International Youth Match Racing
- Youth Scheme reports from Hardy Cup in Sydney
- Youth Scheme bows out in quarter finals in Perth
- Youth Scheme on the mend on day two in Peth
- Sickness effects youth scheme performance on day one in Perth
- Youth Scheme sailors fine tune skills at clinic ahead of a series of trans Tasman regattas
- HIBS take out Secondary Schools Match Racing Championships
- Special showing of the Hobbit as a fundrasier for the Youth Scheme
- Musto Youth International
- Youth Scheme graduate Josh Porebski wins NZ Young Sailor of the year award
- Day one report from Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
- Youth Scheme team reports in after final day at RPAYC in Sydney
- Youth Scheme team reports in after day two at RPAYC in Sydney
- Youth Scheme team reports in after day one at RPAYC in Sydney
- Youth Scheme Sailors ready to race in Australia
- Quality Field ends tough regatta for Wellington Youth Scheme crew
- Middleton and Crew continue to improve at NZ Match Racing Nationals
- Report from Day 1 of the NZ Match Racing Nationals
- James de Lisle wins College Sport Award
- Youth Scheme Sailors Busy in November
- Steele Wins NZ Youth Match Racing Championships
- Day two and semi finalists are decided at NZ Youth Match Racing Champs
- Day one done, Round robin one done!
- Round Robin Draw for Youth Match Racing nationals
- Who is the line up at this year's Youth Match Racing nationals?
- Governor's Cup winners meet the Governor General
- Youth Scheme Workshops
- Royal Port Nicholson Youth Scheme team wins Gov’s Cup
- Youth Scheme Team on fire at Gov's Cup
- Close at the top, at Gov's Cup, LA
- Gov's Cup progressing nicely for Youth Scheme team
- Gov's Cup