Each week the sailing committee updates this article, usually on a Thursday.
Wellington Ocean Sports is pleased to announce that we will be running Friday night stand up paddleboard sessions throughout the month of May. These sessions will be run between 5pm and 6pm, starting at the Clyde Quay Marina and concluding with a complementary beverage at the RPNYC Wardroom, making it a fantastic way to finish off the working week.
What an amazing summer it has been, and Wellington seems to just keep turning on the magnificent days! With the weather being so good, here at Wellington Ocean Sports we have had hundreds of people out on the harbour doing the full range of Ocean Sports that we offer.
So, what do we have on offer over the next month...
Hi all. My journey to the Red Bull Youth Americas Cup continues! The Full Metal Jacket Team that I am sailing with in the cup was featured in the latest Red Bull Bulletin and somehow I made it into the middle of the photo!!
Wellington City Council has allocated $205,000 for feasibility investigations for the Clyde Quay Marina Upgrade in the 2013-2014 draft annual plan. The plan is out for consultation and there is a week to go until 5pm on 16 May. We ask that all members make a personal submission in favour of the project to the Council ... find out how here
The Youth Scheme are proud to announce the selection of the team to defend Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club's title at the 2013 Governor's Cup at the Balboa Yacht Club in California. The team is Adam Middleton (helm), Sam Mackay (main) and William Eastman (bow).
Gavin Pascoe from the Wellington Classic Yacht Trust tells the story of Pet, the leading boat in the Wellington fleet back in the 1880s. Pet featured some innovative design including tumble back sides, a ram bow and secret moveable ballast systems, all used to gain an advantage over the rest of the fleet. Then of course there is the famous one on one race against Red Jacket from Christchurch. The intrigue in this story from the founding days of Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club makes the America's Cup look like childs play ... read on.
On Sunday 28 April Wellington Ocean Sports assisted the Wellington Windsurfing Association to run their final slalom event of season. We have partnered with Wild Winds and the Wellington Windsurfing Assoication (WWA) to grow windsurfing in the Wellington region.
Wellington Youth Scheme Under 21 Squad member George Gautrey has sailed an outstanding regatta to finish in second place at the 2013 Starling National Championships. Sailing for Muritai Yacht Club, 15 year old Gautrey put together a very strong regatta in the tricky conditions on Queen Charlotte Sound to finish on the podium ahead of many older sailors.
- Wellington Spirit starts training for USA Grand Slam Match Racing Tour
- Josh Junior wins bronze medal at Sailing World Cup
- Remembering some of our history on Anzac Day
- Group and Business Sailing Opportunities available at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Youth Scheme set to go for 2013-2014
- Wellington Ocean Sports becomes Surfing New Zealand approved SUP school
- New Motors for the Club Rescue Boat
- Wellington Spirit sailors on the move to next events
- New Zealand International Yachting Trust supports the Youth Scheme
- Thank you to RPNYC fleet for their support of the Hebtro Trophy day
- Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme
- RPNYC representatives attend community sport forum
- SUP up and away!!!
- Matt Steven at ACT 2 of 2013 Extreme Sailing Series in Singapore
- RPNYC sailors performing well in international competition
- Vice Commodore Davies wins Div 3 at the New Zealand Trailer Yacht Nationals
- WOW it's busy at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Wellington Ocean Sports School Programme
- Lizzie goes sailing on Wellington Harbour for first time in over 80 years
- Josh Junior at the Princess Sofia World Cup of Sailing regatta
- The brothers race from onboard Nedax Racing
- VHF course commences tomorrow
- And the winners are ....
- Winter Programme expressions of interest requested
- SUP world number one coming to Wellington
- Bexhill come out on top of Wellington Spirit Business Sailing League
- Leg three results for the Central Triangle Race
- Smooth and fast rides in the Brothers Race
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week four, day two
- All boats have finished in the 2013 Central Triangle Race
- Boat Reports and Position Updates from the Central Triangle Race
- Hutt International Boys School Wins in Auckland
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week four, day one
- Sailing Talks FYI#05 - Rules (Part 2)
- Photos of the start of leg 3 in Napier
- Fantastic Video of Wellington Spirit Sailing League Action
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week three, day two
- Leg two results for the Central Triangle Race
- Napier stopover begins for the 2013 Central Triangle Race
- Wellington Spirit Sailing League week three, day one