Adam Middleton, Michael Cook and William Eastman sailing for Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club have convincing won the 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships. Over four days of racing the team dropped only one match in a dominant all round performance across a range of conditions.
It was a long day on the water for the sailors in the CentrePort Youth Match Racing Champs as the race officer Ken Burt pushed through the end of the first round robin and twelve flights of the second round robin ahead of a predicted storm on day three.
There was a gloomy outlook for day 1 of the CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championship with Wellington harbour covered in a thick blanket of fog that showed few signs of moving. Luckily, just before midday, the fog made way for a beautifully steady 10-15 knot southerly which allowed Race Officer Ken Burt to fire through 10 flights of round robin 1.
The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club has completed the final preparations for the 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships and the event is underway. This is the 11th edition of this Youth Match Racing Regatta to be held in Wellington, New Zealand with racing action taking place right in front of the city. The event will also be running alongside the annual Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta.
The Wellington Youth Sailing Scheme representing the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club have completed a fantastic week of sailing in Auckland with the two teams claiming 1st and 4th overall The 2014 NESPRESSO Youth International Match Racing Championships saw 11 teams from NZ, Australia and the United States compete in Elliott 7 Keelboats.
With a busy four weeks coming up for Wellington Youth Sailing Trust Youth Scheme the under 21 squad has been training hard. Over the last week sailors have been involved in an intense clinic to fine tune their skills before the racing commences in a series of trans Tasman regattas.
The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for invitation to the 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships. This will be the 11th edition of this Youth Match Racing Regatta to be held in Wellington, New Zealand with racing taking place right in front of the city.
The Wellington Youth Sailing Scheme Team consisting of Sam Mackay, James de Lisle, William Eastman, Kate Johnson-Lee and Hannah Corke are currently in Sydney competing at the Musto International Youth Match Racing Regatta hosted by Cruising Yacht Club Australia.
Everyone likes the sound of having a "Slave for the Day", and here is your chance. The Wellington Youth Sailing Scheme Under 21 & Development Programme Sailors are being sold to the highest bidder to be your "Slave". We envisage that the time would be for boat cleaning, gardening, painting, ironing, etc, etc, or maybe even sailing.
- Christmas Ham for Sale
- Youth Scheme start in Sydney today
- 2013 Youth Scheme Quiz Night a Success
- HIBS claim Wellington Secondary Schools Title
- Teams announced for November regattas
- Houston we have a problem
- Dylan Wichman, Michael Cate and Andrew Clark win Youth Match Racing title
- NZ Youth Match Racing Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions available
- Welcome to the 2013 NZ Youth Match Racing Champs
- Josh Porebski finishes second at World 49er Championships
- Secondary school match racers get into training
- 2013 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals Notice of Race available here
- Gov's Cup 2013 - RPNYC finish 8th
- Gov's Cup 2013 - Quarter-finals update
- Gov's Cup 2013 - RPNYC into the Quarter-FInals!
- Gov's Cup 2013 - Day One done
- Gov's Cup Team having a Whale of a time
- 2013 Gov's Cup team ready for battle
- Under 21 Squad hit the gym
- Under 21 Squad meet with the Mayor
- Youth scheme announces team for 2013 Governor's Cup
- George Gautrey finishes second at Starling Nationals
- Youth Scheme set to go for 2013-2014
- New Zealand International Yachting Trust supports the Youth Scheme
- Winter Programme expressions of interest requested
- Hutt International Boys School Wins in Auckland
- Youth Scheme Team finishes second at Harken International
- Youth Scheme Team make the semi finals at Harken Youth International
- Youth Scheme Team report in after day 1 at Harken Youth International
- Sailors make Final Preparations for CentrePort International Youth Match Racing
- Youth Scheme reports from Hardy Cup in Sydney
- Youth Scheme bows out in quarter finals in Perth
- Youth Scheme on the mend on day two in Peth
- Sickness effects youth scheme performance on day one in Perth
- Youth Scheme sailors fine tune skills at clinic ahead of a series of trans Tasman regattas
- HIBS take out Secondary Schools Match Racing Championships
- Special showing of the Hobbit as a fundrasier for the Youth Scheme
- Musto Youth International
- Youth Scheme graduate Josh Porebski wins NZ Young Sailor of the year award
- Day one report from Cruising Yacht Club of Australia