The Youth Scheme are running a Quiz night on the 25th of September. It will be highly entertaining with Nick Tansley as the Quiz Master so get together a team and enter. Tickets include dinner in the wardroom and are only $35. There will be fun Auctions and Raffles during the night.
Racing on day 3 and 4 kicked off with very similar building breezes of 8-14 knots and with the overall points being very close, the RPNYC team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman needed to have a good couple of days to secure that all important semi final spot.
After 2 days of round robin racing the Youth Scheme team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman have sailed consistently allowing them to advance through to the next stage of the regatta. The team must now race against the top 8 in a smaller round robin vying for that all important semi final berth.
The RPNYC Youth Scheme team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman have settled in to Newport Beach California and are ready for racing at the 48th annual Governor's Cup which is hosted by the Balboa Yacht Club.
The Winter Match Racing Progamme delivered by the Wellington Youth Sailing Trust has just finished the first half of their training programme for the year. There are 34 sailors involved coming from all around Wellington sailing clubs and programmes.
Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club will again host the New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships. The dates are set for October 1st to 5th 2014. RPNYC will be looking to win back the title this year after the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron won last years event.
Adam Middleton, Michael Cook and William Eastman sailing for Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club have convincing won the 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships. Over four days of racing the team dropped only one match in a dominant all round performance across a range of conditions.
It was a long day on the water for the sailors in the CentrePort Youth Match Racing Champs as the race officer Ken Burt pushed through the end of the first round robin and twelve flights of the second round robin ahead of a predicted storm on day three.
There was a gloomy outlook for day 1 of the CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championship with Wellington harbour covered in a thick blanket of fog that showed few signs of moving. Luckily, just before midday, the fog made way for a beautifully steady 10-15 knot southerly which allowed Race Officer Ken Burt to fire through 10 flights of round robin 1.
The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club has completed the final preparations for the 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships and the event is underway. This is the 11th edition of this Youth Match Racing Regatta to be held in Wellington, New Zealand with racing action taking place right in front of the city. The event will also be running alongside the annual Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta.
- RPNYC 1st and 4th at the Nespresso Youth International Championship
- Tough start in Perth
- Youth Scheme ready for a busy 4 weeks
- 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing
- 2013 Musto Youth International - 6th Overall
- Get your self a Slave for the Day and help the Youth Scheme raise travel funds
- Christmas Ham for Sale
- Youth Scheme start in Sydney today
- 2013 Youth Scheme Quiz Night a Success
- HIBS claim Wellington Secondary Schools Title
- Teams announced for November regattas
- Houston we have a problem
- Dylan Wichman, Michael Cate and Andrew Clark win Youth Match Racing title
- NZ Youth Match Racing Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions available
- Welcome to the 2013 NZ Youth Match Racing Champs
- Josh Porebski finishes second at World 49er Championships
- Secondary school match racers get into training
- 2013 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals Notice of Race available here
- Gov's Cup 2013 - RPNYC finish 8th
- Gov's Cup 2013 - Quarter-finals update
- Gov's Cup 2013 - RPNYC into the Quarter-FInals!
- Gov's Cup 2013 - Day One done
- Gov's Cup Team having a Whale of a time
- 2013 Gov's Cup team ready for battle
- Under 21 Squad hit the gym
- Under 21 Squad meet with the Mayor
- Youth scheme announces team for 2013 Governor's Cup
- George Gautrey finishes second at Starling Nationals
- Youth Scheme set to go for 2013-2014
- New Zealand International Yachting Trust supports the Youth Scheme
- Winter Programme expressions of interest requested
- Hutt International Boys School Wins in Auckland
- Youth Scheme Team finishes second at Harken International
- Youth Scheme Team make the semi finals at Harken Youth International
- Youth Scheme Team report in after day 1 at Harken Youth International
- Sailors make Final Preparations for CentrePort International Youth Match Racing
- Youth Scheme reports from Hardy Cup in Sydney
- Youth Scheme bows out in quarter finals in Perth
- Youth Scheme on the mend on day two in Peth
- Sickness effects youth scheme performance on day one in Perth