Representing RPNYC this year at the Harken youth International Match Racing Championships is Sam Mackay, Ben Caundle, Kate Johnson-Lee, Stuart Williams and Will Eastman. After three days of racing they have won their quarterfinal to make the top four where they will race in the semi finals.
The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club has dominated the 2014 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals taking out first and second place. Teams representing the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron claimed third and fourth.
Productive day on day 3 of The 2014 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals. Once again a difficult forecast kept both sailors and race officials on their toes.
The Winter Match Racing Programme concluded last weekend with a two day Regatta. The young sailors who are being introduce to sailing in keelboats and match racing put into practice what they have learnt over the Winter Months.
The Youth Scheme are running a Quiz night on the 25th of September. It will be highly entertaining with Nick Tansley as the Quiz Master so get together a team and enter. Tickets include dinner in the wardroom and are only $35. There will be fun Auctions and Raffles during the night.
Racing on day 3 and 4 kicked off with very similar building breezes of 8-14 knots and with the overall points being very close, the RPNYC team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman needed to have a good couple of days to secure that all important semi final spot.
After 2 days of round robin racing the Youth Scheme team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman have sailed consistently allowing them to advance through to the next stage of the regatta. The team must now race against the top 8 in a smaller round robin vying for that all important semi final berth.
The RPNYC Youth Scheme team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman have settled in to Newport Beach California and are ready for racing at the 48th annual Governor's Cup which is hosted by the Balboa Yacht Club.
The Winter Match Racing Progamme delivered by the Wellington Youth Sailing Trust has just finished the first half of their training programme for the year. There are 34 sailors involved coming from all around Wellington sailing clubs and programmes.
Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club will again host the New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships. The dates are set for October 1st to 5th 2014. RPNYC will be looking to win back the title this year after the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron won last years event.
- RPNYC 1st and 2nd at CentrePort Champs
- A long day on the water at the CentrePort Youth Match Racing Champs on day two
- Fog lifts for a solid ten flights on day one of the CentrePort Youth Match Racing Champs
- 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Event underway
- RPNYC 1st and 4th at the Nespresso Youth International Championship
- Tough start in Perth
- Youth Scheme ready for a busy 4 weeks
- 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing
- 2013 Musto Youth International - 6th Overall
- Get your self a Slave for the Day and help the Youth Scheme raise travel funds
- Christmas Ham for Sale
- Youth Scheme start in Sydney today
- 2013 Youth Scheme Quiz Night a Success
- HIBS claim Wellington Secondary Schools Title
- Teams announced for November regattas
- Houston we have a problem
- Dylan Wichman, Michael Cate and Andrew Clark win Youth Match Racing title
- NZ Youth Match Racing Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions available
- Welcome to the 2013 NZ Youth Match Racing Champs
- Josh Porebski finishes second at World 49er Championships
- Secondary school match racers get into training
- 2013 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals Notice of Race available here
- Gov's Cup 2013 - RPNYC finish 8th
- Gov's Cup 2013 - Quarter-finals update
- Gov's Cup 2013 - RPNYC into the Quarter-FInals!
- Gov's Cup 2013 - Day One done
- Gov's Cup Team having a Whale of a time
- 2013 Gov's Cup team ready for battle
- Under 21 Squad hit the gym
- Under 21 Squad meet with the Mayor
- Youth scheme announces team for 2013 Governor's Cup
- George Gautrey finishes second at Starling Nationals
- Youth Scheme set to go for 2013-2014
- New Zealand International Yachting Trust supports the Youth Scheme
- Winter Programme expressions of interest requested
- Hutt International Boys School Wins in Auckland
- Youth Scheme Team finishes second at Harken International
- Youth Scheme Team make the semi finals at Harken Youth International
- Youth Scheme Team report in after day 1 at Harken Youth International
- Sailors make Final Preparations for CentrePort International Youth Match Racing