Boats are taking the regatta gear off and offshore is being loaded on as the boats complete their final preparation for the 2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle race starting Friday March 6.
After a short postponement the 2015 Kapiti Chetwodes race got underway at 0630 Friday 6 February. Keep watch here for updates as the race progresses.
Please remember that 40% of the crew on each boat in the Central Triangle must have completed an Advanced Sea Survival course within the last five years. For a crew of 5, this means that two crew must have completed the course. For crews of six or seven, this means three crew must have completed the course. For crews of eight, nine or ten, four crew must have completed the course.
We are aware of at least three boats that don't currently meet the 40% requirement.
We have asked Wellington Ocean Sports whether another course could be run before the race. This would be subject to minimum numbers. There are two possible course dates: 14/15 February, or more likely 28 February/1 March.
If you don't have 40% of your crew qualified, please contact Pedro on 021-476-514 or email email@example.com to register your interest in a course urgently.
(Note that the requirement for the advanced sea survival course does not apply to boats competing only in the Akaroa Race).
Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club is proud to announce its relationship with Sovereign, who have been insuring New Zealanders for 25 years. Sovereign has joined forces with RPNYC as the naming rights sponsor of the 2015 Sovereign Port Nicholson Regatta.
The forecast was daunting. Northerly 10 gradually rising to 25 in the morning and 40 by the evening. We all know you can add 20 more when travelling along the South Coast. 60kn on the way home? That would be interesting.
We are delighted to announce entries are now open for the 2015 Port Nicholson Regatta, including the PHRF Nationals. The Notice of Race and entry form (online and paper) are available on the website. If you enter before 20 December you'll get the early bird discount entry fee of $225. Want to win a bottle of rum? Enter before 27 November and go into the draw to win a bottle of Mount Gay rum! Meanwhile details are being finalised to confirm our major sponsor so watch this space for an important announcement.
- 2014 WineWorks Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc Yacht Race
- The Not Quite Island Bay Race
- Match racing Classics style
- Roger Land Trophy for Port Nic Regatta
- Working Bee Thanks
- Wine Race 2014
- Opening of our 132nd Season and 2014 Ambassadors’ Race
- Notice of Race published
- It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming...
- Sailing Instructions published
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – I’ll huff and I’ll puff… maybe
- Entries open for 2015 Crewed Central Triangle
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Prize Giving Photos
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- A mixed bag to end the season
- Crews race – what cyclone?
- Bay of Many Coves race turns into a drifter
- Island Bay race a ripper
- Blink is the fastest boat around the North Island
- Bacchante and Black Diamond crowned National PHRF champions
- A lot of breeze on day two of the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- Four races down on race day one in the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- The 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta is underway
- Sign up for your RPNYC Glengarry Club Card and go into the prize draw
- Blink blitzes fleet into Napier to win leg three of the RNI2014 Race
- Two Handed Round North Island Race
- Annual Nelson Extravanganza
- Last chance for early entry fees
- An awfully big adventure - 35 days on a small boat
- Countdown is on – just 22 days to go until Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014!
- Online entries being taken for the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014
- Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014 NOR
- Christmas Series ends on both a low and high note!
- 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta - November update