What a fabulous afternoon we had last Sunday when over 40 members and guests joined us for High Tea with Shirley Martin. We started and ended the event on the deck enjoying the sun and each other’s company. Inside we were treated to fabulous catering by Chef Francis Motta who was assisted by Philippa Dirkin and Sjieuwke Vriesinga. Tea and cakes were served in style by our wonderful waitrons, Matt Birchall and Paul Atkins.
When life member Shirley Martin CBE spoke at Prize Giving recently, she talked about how, back in the day, the men went sailing and the women stayed back and made sandwiches at the Club. We’ve come a long way since then and it’s time to acknowledge Shirley and all those women who quietly supported the club in the past.
A huge thank you to the fantastic team of members who turned out last Saturday. They cleaned, polished, scrubbed, waterblasted and generally tidied up to ensure the Club is in ship shape condition for our Opening Day on Saturday.
Programme for Opening Day
1100 Pre-opening Reception in the Wardroom
1140 Opening Day Speech. Her Worship Celia Wade-Brown
Click here for full programme
It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming once again to the Port Nicholson Regatta February 20 - 22 2015. We also have our favourite race management team of John and Linda Parrish returning to run an awesome regatta on the water for us. Briefing is on Thursday night, with racing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Watch this space for more updates with some exciting news to come ...
Yet again it was a weekend of two halves experienced by competitors in the 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series. This week we have two unique views on the racing: the Classics from a competitor’s viewpoint; and Sunday’s event report brought to you from the bridge of the Race Committee Boat “Bloody Mary”.
With a weather pattern that made sailors feel like they were actors in the movie of the same name, the third weekend of the 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series turned out to be a “mix, stir and repeat” of the conditions experienced in the series so far.
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Prize Giving Photos
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Registration of Interest Sought for Crewed Central Triangle Race
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- A mixed bag to end the season
- Crews race – what cyclone?
- Bay of Many Coves race turns into a drifter
- Island Bay race a ripper
- Blink is the fastest boat around the North Island
- Bacchante and Black Diamond crowned National PHRF champions
- A lot of breeze on day two of the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- Four races down on race day one in the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- The 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta is underway
- Sign up for your RPNYC Glengarry Club Card and go into the prize draw
- Blink blitzes fleet into Napier to win leg three of the RNI2014 Race
- Two Handed Round North Island Race
- Annual Nelson Extravanganza
- Last chance for early entry fees
- An awfully big adventure - 35 days on a small boat
- Countdown is on – just 22 days to go until Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014!
- Online entries being taken for the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014
- Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014 NOR
- Christmas Series ends on both a low and high note!
- 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta - November update
- Something new for the Cook Strait Classic this year
- Line 7 Marine and Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club celebrate a new partnership
- Champagne Sailing in the 2013 Brothers Race
- Spring Series winners decided
- We are open for the 131st season
- The 2014 Port Nicholson Regatta dates are set
- The 2013 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – “And that Ladies and Gentleman… is a wrap!”
- One new and one old yacht arrive in Wellington
- Fully Crewed Racing - August 11th – “Another Day in the Office”
- Two Handed Race 3 – “Anyone can win this bad boy!”
- Two Handed Race 2 – “What could possibly go wrong?”
- Phillipa Durkin the weekend warrior