A Notice to Competitors has been posted
Please remember that 40% of the crew on each boat in the Central Triangle must have completed an Advanced Sea Survival course within the last five years. For a crew of 5, this means that two crew must have completed the course. For crews of six or seven, this means three crew must have completed the course. For crews of eight, nine or ten, four crew must have completed the course.
We are aware of at least three boats that don't currently meet the 40% requirement.
We have asked Wellington Ocean Sports whether another course could be run before the race. This would be subject to minimum numbers. There are two possible course dates: 14/15 February, or more likely 28 February/1 March.
If you don't have 40% of your crew qualified, please contact Pedro on 021-476-514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in a course urgently.
(Note that the requirement for the advanced sea survival course does not apply to boats competing only in the Akaroa Race).
Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club is proud to announce its relationship with Sovereign, who have been insuring New Zealanders for 25 years. Sovereign has joined forces with RPNYC as the naming rights sponsor of the 2015 Sovereign Port Nicholson Regatta.
The forecast was daunting. Northerly 10 gradually rising to 25 in the morning and 40 by the evening. We all know you can add 20 more when travelling along the South Coast. 60kn on the way home? That would be interesting.
We are delighted to announce entries are now open for the 2015 Port Nicholson Regatta, including the PHRF Nationals. The Notice of Race and entry form (online and paper) are available on the website. If you enter before 20 December you'll get the early bird discount entry fee of $225. Want to win a bottle of rum? Enter before 27 November and go into the draw to win a bottle of Mount Gay rum! Meanwhile details are being finalised to confirm our major sponsor so watch this space for an important announcement.
After a challenging start with a postponement on Nov 6th due to forty knot winds that created unsafe racing conditions and a lack of wind causing a delay on Nov 7th the 2014 WineWorks Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc Yacht Race commenced at mid-morning under sunny skies and building wind.
A mill pond greeted the first boats leaving their berths to start the Island Bay race on Saturday morning so the race management team postponed the first starts to wait for the southerly to build. After a few more delays and a Shalimar weather report from the harbour entrance the wise race management team set a special course to Moaning Minnie and back with a combined start at 1200hrs.
A brave few tried a port tack start on a busy start line with 27 boats in the not quite Island Bay race and 3 boats in the championship race for the Classics. The big red sled Revs seemed to make the most of a breeze line off the start, with plenty of “Starboard” calls from the rest of the fleet following behind. Click on the title above to read more.
Saturday's RPNYC Classic Championship race got away on time at 12:00 with three entrants: Lizzie, Mabel and Galatea. The course was RPNYC start and finish, with starboard roundings of Korokoro, Somes and Falcon Shoal.
Mabel got off to a great start across the line on a lifting starboard tack to lay the first mark but got into trouble when her course was spoiled by another vessel on port not giving way. She lay luffing for some time before again finding clear air, allowing Lizzie and Galatea to get well ahead. Read more ...
For the second year the Roger Land Trophy will be awarded to the Young 88 Line Honours boat. This hotly contested division within a division will see some visiting Y88s join our 4 regular club boats compete for the trophy, won last year by Whistler III. Will this be Incantare’s year to take it out? Will Whistler III successfully defend its title? Or will a hotshot South Island boat come and show them how to race a Young 88 and win this coveted trophy.
A huge thank you to the fantastic team of members who turned out last Saturday. They cleaned, polished, scrubbed, waterblasted and generally tidied up to ensure the Club is in ship shape condition for our Opening Day on Saturday.
- Opening of our 132nd Season and 2014 Ambassadors’ Race
- Notice of Race published
- It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming...
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – I’ll huff and I’ll puff… maybe
- Entries open for 2015 Crewed Central Triangle
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Prize Giving Photos
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- A mixed bag to end the season
- Crews race – what cyclone?
- Bay of Many Coves race turns into a drifter
- Island Bay race a ripper
- Blink is the fastest boat around the North Island
- Bacchante and Black Diamond crowned National PHRF champions
- A lot of breeze on day two of the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- Four races down on race day one in the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- The 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta is underway
- Sign up for your RPNYC Glengarry Club Card and go into the prize draw
- Blink blitzes fleet into Napier to win leg three of the RNI2014 Race
- Two Handed Round North Island Race
- Annual Nelson Extravanganza
- Last chance for early entry fees
- An awfully big adventure - 35 days on a small boat
- Countdown is on – just 22 days to go until Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014!
- Online entries being taken for the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014
- Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014 NOR
- Christmas Series ends on both a low and high note!
- 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta - November update
- Something new for the Cook Strait Classic this year
- Line 7 Marine and Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club celebrate a new partnership
- Champagne Sailing in the 2013 Brothers Race
- Spring Series winners decided
- We are open for the 131st season
- The 2014 Port Nicholson Regatta dates are set
- The 2013 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – “And that Ladies and Gentleman… is a wrap!”