Each week the sailing committee updates this article, usually on a Thursday.
The Island Bay race was a ripper with a "gentle" southerly that dropped from 25 to around 8 knots over the day providing tight reaching conditions along the south coast and a great kite run to Number 11 at Korokoro. Swells up to three metres at the entrance combined with an in-coming ferry and out-going tanker just added a little spice to what proved an excellent day for the fleet.
After two weeks of racing around the North Island against 22 other yachts Tony Wells and Rob Shaw have sailed Blink to overall line honours in the Round North Island two handed race. Congratulations Tony on a fantatstic campaign and a great result.
After three days of racing in the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta Brian Cowper and his crew on Bacchante were crowned the winners of the Ross Telford Memorial Trophy along with winners of the National PHRF Div B Championships title while Jamie McDowell and his crew on Black Diamond took out the National PHRF Div A Championships title.
Day two dawned with a less than inviting forecast of northerlies rising to 35-40 knots. The weather on the harbour was slightly less than the forecast so John and Lind Parrish and the race committee team headed out to the race track to see if anything could be achieved.
ARE YOU READY?
Here is just a quick update of what’s coming up
Find out more here
Blink has sailed a superb thrid leg to take line honours in Napier. A decision to sail offshore in the early stage of the leg proved to be the winning move of the leg giving them the lead over their rivals Bushido. Well done Tony and Rob ... good luck from your firends at RPNYC for the final leg to Auckland.
Check out the scheds and tracker here
The Two Handed Round North Island Race starts in Auckland Saturday February 8. We have four club boats in the race: Blink and Wedgetail in Div 1; Midnight Express in Div 3; and Montego Bay 111 in Div 4. Their stops are Mangonui, Wellington, Napier and then Auckland to finish.
- Annual Nelson Extravanganza
- Last chance for early entry fees
- An awfully big adventure - 35 days on a small boat
- Countdown is on – just 22 days to go until Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014!
- Online entries being taken for the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014
- Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014 NOR
- Christmas Series ends on both a low and high note!
- 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta - November update
- Something new for the Cook Strait Classic this year
- Line 7 Marine and Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club celebrate a new partnership
- Champagne Sailing in the 2013 Brothers Race
- Spring Series winners decided
- We are open for the 131st season
- The 2014 Port Nicholson Regatta dates are set
- The 2013 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – “And that Ladies and Gentleman… is a wrap!”
- One new and one old yacht arrive in Wellington
- Fully Crewed Racing - August 11th – “Another Day in the Office”
- Two Handed Race 3 – “Anyone can win this bad boy!”
- Two Handed Race 2 – “What could possibly go wrong?”
- Phillipa Durkin the weekend warrior
- The 2013 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – "The weekend that delivered!"
- Fully Crewed Race Day 2 – “What a STUNNER!”
- Fully Crewed Race Day 1 – “It must be the Winter Series”
- The 130th RPNYC prizegiving in photos
- Lizzie is Boat of the Year
- Gucci is Cruising Boat of the Year
- Jim Gordon is Volunteer of the Year
- Mark Waters is Personality of the Year
- Cantilena takes out 2013 Commodore's Trophy
- Thank you to RPNYC fleet for their support of the Hebtro Trophy day
- Vice Commodore Davies wins Div 3 at the New Zealand Trailer Yacht Nationals
- The brothers race from onboard Nedax Racing
- And the winners are ....
- Leg three results for the Central Triangle Race
- Smooth and fast rides in the Brothers Race
- All boats have finished in the 2013 Central Triangle Race
- Boat Reports and Position Updates from the Central Triangle Race
- Photos of the start of leg 3 in Napier
- Leg two results for the Central Triangle Race
- Napier stopover begins for the 2013 Central Triangle Race