This weekend we have two fantastic cruising opportunities available. Our next Cruising Crew course commences on Sunday and there are still 3 places available for booking. This is the course for those of you that can see yourselves sunning it down the Marlborough Sounds in the future and exploring the incredible cruising areas we have in New Zealand. Cruising Crew follows on from our Learn to Sail Keelboats course and provides an opportunity to consolidate and build on your existing knowledge and skills.
Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme commences next week and although the first week is sold out there are still places available for the week beginning 6 October. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period including - Sailing, Kayaking, Waka Ama and Stand Up Paddleboard.
This week it has been fantastic to have had over 50 students from Naenae and Porirua Colleges out on the water thanks to Ignite Sport. Ignite work with at risk youth in low decile schools in the Wellington Region provide sports based mentoring programmes. This is a fantastic fit with Wellington Ocean Sports ideals and we look forward to working with Ignite more in the future.
The Winter Match Racing Programme concluded last weekend with a two day Regatta. The young sailors who are being introduce to sailing in keelboats and match racing put into practice what they have learnt over the Winter Months.
Wellington Ocean Sports most recent Advanced Sea Survival Course ran last weekend and was attended by 15 people, our largest group yet. Many were participating as part of preparation for the upcoming Central triangle Offshore race. Others were more interested in cruising to far flung places, for whom the course was equally valuable.
Wellington Ocean Sports next learn to sail class is commencing the evening of Tuesday 21 October and there is still several places available for booking. Now is still a great time of the year to get involved in sailing with many follow on opportunites coming up during the summer. We would like to encourage all current graduates and RPNYC members to consider inviting friends or family along.
A huge thank you to the fantastic team of members who turned out last Saturday. They cleaned, polished, scrubbed, waterblasted and generally tidied up to ensure the Club is in ship shape condition for our Opening Day on Saturday.
What a fantastic start to spring!!! If the weather we have had over the last few weeks is any indication then we are in for a great summer out on the water. This is the time of the year that activity really ramps up at Wellington Ocean Sports. Now that we are operating with only two boats there will be greater demand than we can meet, so you will need to get in quick if you want to be involved.
Programme for Opening Day
1100 Pre-opening Reception in the Wardroom
1140 Opening Day Speech. Her Worship Celia Wade-Brown
Click here for full programme
- Holiday Programme Places Available
- Enter The Youth Scheme Quiz Night
- It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming...
- Friday Night With PJ huge success
- Winter Series success for Wellington Ocean Sports crew
- Corporate Sailing and Team Building
- Waterfront venues available for hire
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – I’ll huff and I’ll puff… maybe
- Entries open for 2015 Crewed Central Triangle
- Wellington Ocean Sports Winter Update
- Youth Scheme fall short of Semi Finals
- Holiday Programme available for booking
- Update from RPNYC at Governor's Cup
- MRX fleet leaving Wellington Ocean Sports
- Youth Scheme Team Ready For Battle
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- Winter Match Racing Programme at halfway stage
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre feasibility study published
- Wellington Ocean Sports reaches 400 mark
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Dates set for New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships
- Matt Wood wins Wellington Sports Administrator of the Year
- Exclusive discounts for Members on New Volvo Cars: Save up to 12% and benefit the Club at the same time!
- Do you know anything about the 1951 Wellington to Lyttelton race?
- Coastguard Boating Education courses available for booking
- Great night for Wellington Ocean Sports Grads
- Prize Giving Photos
- Recognition for Wellington Ocean Sports Programme
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Registration of Interest Sought for Crewed Central Triangle Race
- WOS Winter Update
- Reminder about the 2014 AGM
- Winter Racing
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- Learn to sail course places available
- Sir Peter Blake Trust attend Wellington Ocean Sports Centre
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host YNZ Keelboat Coach Course