Did you know that unless it as an emergency, it is a legal requirement to have a Radio Operators Qualification before operating a marine VHF radio? If you need to get the qualification then we have the course for you! Our last VHF course for the year is running over the evenings of 11 and 13 November and is now available for booking.
Get your tickets to hear Laura talk about her amazing solo circumnavigation of the world and being the youngest person to ever do so. Laura will be showing a short video and speaking about her journey. Her new book will also be for sale on the night. Come along to the ASB Sports Centre on Wednesday 5th November (don't worry fireworks are on the weekend). All proceeds go toward fundraising for the Youth Scheme to purchase new boats.
An additional Coastguard Coastal Medic Course has been announced for the weekend of 29 and 30 November. This is due to high demand and Coastal Medic being a prerequisite for the Offshore Medic course that is running in January. As well as its marine applications, this course exceeds the Health and Safety requirements of “two day workplace first aid”, so has many commercial usages.
What a fabulous afternoon we had last Sunday when over 40 members and guests joined us for High Tea with Shirley Martin. We started and ended the event on the deck enjoying the sun and each other’s company. Inside we were treated to fabulous catering by Chef Francis Motta who was assisted by Philippa Dirkin and Sjieuwke Vriesinga. Tea and cakes were served in style by our wonderful waitrons, Matt Birchall and Paul Atkins.
The weather has finally come right on the second week of the Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme. Today the children are off to Sommes Island on a sailing adventure. The children have been able to participate in a kayaking, sailing, stand up paddleboard and some classroom activities thanks to some marginal weather earlier in the week.
End of year functions don’t come much better than racing on Wellington Harbour. Wellington Ocean Sports specialise in corporate team building sessions, we have two identical boats and can arrange a match racing event right off the shores of Oriental Bay. As well as the sailing we have a number of catering options available. Organise your work group to come sailing on Wellington Harbour today!!
This Friday night in the Wardroom...
Come down this Friday, to soak up the sun and drink some quality beers! This week we have Farmhouse Du Fru Ju and Panhead XPA on our craft beer taps!
See you all this Friday!
The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club has dominated the 2014 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals taking out first and second place. Teams representing the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron claimed third and fourth.
Wellington Ocean Sports will be running it's first ever Offshore Medic Course on 12 and 13 January 2015. Offshore Medic is an advanced course for offshore skippers and crew. The course details the management of medical/trauma emergencies onboard for up to five days without medical assistance.
Productive day on day 3 of The 2014 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals. Once again a difficult forecast kept both sailors and race officials on their toes.
- 2014 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals Underway with a Bang
- Last VHF course of the year available for booking
- High Tea with Shirley Martin CBE
- Stunning weather for first week of holiday programme
- Places available on cruising courses this weekend
- First week of holiday programme sold out
- At Risk Youth hit the water at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Winter Match Racing Programme Concludes
- Advanced Sea Survival Course 18 Completed
- Next learn to sail course commences Tuesday 21 October
- Working Bee Thanks
- Wellington Ocean Sports Spring Update
- Wine Race 2014
- Opening of our 132nd Season and 2014 Ambassadors’ Race
- Holiday Programme Places Available
- Enter The Youth Scheme Quiz Night
- Notice of Race published
- It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming...
- Friday Night With PJ huge success
- Winter Series success for Wellington Ocean Sports crew
- Corporate Sailing and Team Building
- Waterfront venues available for hire
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – I’ll huff and I’ll puff… maybe
- Entries open for 2015 Crewed Central Triangle
- Wellington Ocean Sports Winter Update
- Youth Scheme fall short of Semi Finals
- Holiday Programme available for booking
- Update from RPNYC at Governor's Cup
- MRX fleet leaving Wellington Ocean Sports
- Youth Scheme Team Ready For Battle
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- Winter Match Racing Programme at halfway stage
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre feasibility study published
- Wellington Ocean Sports reaches 400 mark
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Dates set for New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships
- Matt Wood wins Wellington Sports Administrator of the Year
- Exclusive discounts for Members on New Volvo Cars: Save up to 12% and benefit the Club at the same time!