Boats are taking the regatta gear off and offshore is being loaded on as the boats complete their final preparation for the 2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle race starting Friday March 6.
The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia has taken out first and second place in the CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships. Henry Kernot and his team of Sam Ellis and local Wellington sailor Adam Middleton continued their excellent form throughout the week to beat Murray Jones, Harry Price and Ben Robinson in the final. Kernot and his team lost only one race in the whole regatta.
What a fantastic summer it has been!!! The perfect weather we experienced in January has led into one of the busiest two months we have ever had at Wellington Ocean Sports. It is also timely that we have started the total renewal of all our sails, wet weather gear and an upgrade of the boats.
Over the last 3 days 100 students from Porirua College have undertaken the Wellington Ocean Sports Safe Boating Programme. After receiving a 45 minute classroom based safe boating presentation the students then complete a 90 minute water based session in either sailing, kayaking windsurfing or stand up paddle boarding.
After a short postponement the 2015 Kapiti Chetwodes race got underway at 0630 Friday 6 February. Keep watch here for updates as the race progresses.
- CentrePort Youth International Match Racing Champs
- Advanced sea survival course
- Sovereign Announced as Naming Sponsor For 2015 Port Nicholson Regatta
- CentrePort Youth Match Racing Championships Set to be a Trans-Tasman affair
- Cruising Skipper 43 Great Success
- Get your Hams - Youth Scheme Fundraiser
- The Brothers Race - rip, shite and a little bust!
- Schools Safe Boating Education Programme Underway
- RPNYC return from Youth Regattas in Sydney
- RPNYC Youth Team at Harken International Youth Regatta in Sydney
- Port Nic Regatta Update 1
- School groups get best of the weather
- 2014 WineWorks Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc Yacht Race
- The Not Quite Island Bay Race
- Match racing Classics style
- Roger Land Trophy for Port Nic Regatta
- Wellington Ocean Sports November Update
- High Tea with Shirley Martin
- Weather comes right on second week of holiday programme
- Book your end of year function at Wellington Ocean Sports
- RPNYC dominate NZ Youth Match Racing National Championships
- Finalists decided on day 3 of the 2014 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals
- High Tea with Shirley Martin CBE
- Stunning weather for first week of holiday programme
- Places available on cruising courses this weekend
- First week of holiday programme sold out
- At Risk Youth hit the water at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Winter Match Racing Programme Concludes
- Advanced Sea Survival Course 18 Completed
- Next learn to sail course commences Tuesday 21 October
- Working Bee Thanks
- Wellington Ocean Sports Spring Update
- Wine Race 2014
- Opening of our 132nd Season and 2014 Ambassadors’ Race
- Holiday Programme Places Available
- Enter The Youth Scheme Quiz Night
- Notice of Race published
- It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming...
- Sailing Instructions published
- Friday Night With PJ huge success