Spring is just around the corner and places are filling fast on the courses we have running between now and Christmas. Although it’s been a fantastic winter at Wellington Ocean Sports with plenty of activity, we are looking forward to some settled warmer weather. I’m really pleased to announce that we have finally replaced our leaky roof!!! So no more bucket in the middle of the classroom on rainy days
On the 22nd and 23RD August Wellington Ocean sports ran an “Advanced Sea Survival training course”, which was well represented with course participants flying in from around the country. The group had an amazing variety of experience aboard sailing vessels, some of them I am sure they would not want to repeat! Kim Mc Morran? There is a Wardroom story there..........
The only Coastal Medic Course for the year will be running this weekend, 29 and 30 August 2015. Coastal Medic is a prerequisite to the more advance Offshore Medic. As well as its marine applications, this course exceeds the Health and Safety requirements of “two day workplace first aid”, so has many commercial usages.
On Monday 20 years of different branding was removed from the Wellington Ocean Sports building as work on our long anticipated new roof commenced. The completion of the roof will mark the start of an overall building refurbishment. The expansion of our courses, in particular the schools safe boating programme has tested the building over the last year and it needs to brought up to standard to support the delivery we wish achive moving forward.
Wellington Ocean Sports School Holiday Programme is a great way for the kids to get outdoors on Wellington Harbour in a safe and fun environment with well qualified instructors. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years and up, and will see them experience a range of ocean sports over the five days, weather permitting.
Today the first 16 students received their 2 hour safe boating session thanks to the Wellington Community Trust. The students from Wellington High School were given a 45 minute presentation on safe boating, covering areas such as weather, safety equipment, means of communication and the use of life jackets, They then received a 1 hour 15 minute practical session on our two Muir 8.2 metre keelboat where these concepts were put into practice.
Wellington Ocean Sports last Boatmaster course of the year commences on Monday 12 October and runs over Monday and Wednesday evenings. Boatmaster is a comprehensive theory only course covering all the esentials you need including - safety, equipment, weather, rules of the road and navigation.
The 2015 College Sport Wellington Match Racing Championships will be held on the 19th and 20th of September at the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club. The application form for interested college teams is now available.
- Photo Competition time
- Race Day 3 Moore Wilson's Winter Series
- WOS Winter Update 2015
- 2015 NZ Youth Match Racing Nationals NOR and EOI Available
- Schools Programme funding received
- Wellington Ocean Sports Staff complete Workplace First Aid
- Race Day 2 Moore Wilson's Winter Series
- Last winter VHF course available for booking
- Crew Available!!
- Porirua College Students Learn the Ropes
- WOS Winter Racing
- Wellington Ocean Sports host SUP instructors course
- Commodore's Trophy and Veterans Race
- First Day Skipper course of the year commencing Tuesday evening
- Winter Programme Registrations Still Open
- Autumn Update
- Leg Three Finish
- Start of Leg Three
- Leg One Gallery
- Leg Two Gallery
- Leg Three Gallery
- Leg 1 - Wellington to Akaroa, 1903 Friday sked
- And they're off!
- CYCA Dominate CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships
- Wellington Ocean Sports February Update
- 2015 Sovereign Port Nic Regatta Race Day 3
- 2015 Sovereign Port Nic Regatta Race Day 2
- Sovereign Port Nic Regatta Race Day 1
- CentrePort 2015 Day 3
- 100 students from Porirua College undertake Safe Boating Programme
- Port Nic Regatta Update 2
- 2015 Kapiti-Chetwodes Offshore Race
- CentrePort Youth International Match Racing Champs
- 2015 Documents
- CentrePort Youth Match Racing Championships Set to be a Trans-Tasman affair
- Cruising Skipper 43 Great Success
- The Brothers Race - rip, shite and a little bust!
- Schools Safe Boating Education Programme Underway
- RPNYC return from Youth Regattas in Sydney
- RPNYC Youth Team at Harken International Youth Regatta in Sydney