The voice of yachting Peter Montgomery MBE is coming to RPNYC!!! PJ will be speaking in the Wardroom at 7pm on Friday 15 August, entry is by ticket only with Cocktail food and a complementary drink on arrival from 6pm.
Come and hear the inside story of the 34th Americas Cup from the man awarded New Zealand Broadcaster of the year for his coverage on the event.
Although winter has well and truly set in there is still plenty of action happening at Wellington Ocean Sports. Over the last couple of months we have had it all – our establishment funding has come to an end which has resulted in a restructure, the MRX’s are gone, we received fantastic recognition at the Wellington Sports Awards securing sports administrator of the year and on top of all that there has been plenty of activity out on the water!!!
This Friday night in the Wardroom...
Come down to the Wardroom this weekend to enjoy some charming banter with your pals, some good music and rums!
This Friday night we are serving up Italian meatballs with spaghetti just like... 'mama use to make!'.
See you all this Friday!
Racing on day 3 and 4 kicked off with very similar building breezes of 8-14 knots and with the overall points being very close, the RPNYC team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman needed to have a good couple of days to secure that all important semi final spot.
Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme is commencing next on 29 September and bookings are being taken now. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period including - Sailing, Kayaking, Waka Ama and Stand Up Paddleboard.
After 2 days of round robin racing the Youth Scheme team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman have sailed consistently allowing them to advance through to the next stage of the regatta. The team must now race against the top 8 in a smaller round robin vying for that all important semi final berth.
It is with regret we announce that from 1 August 2014 Wellington Ocean Sports will no longer be managing the MRX fleet. The MRX's have been a feature on Wellingtons sailing landscape from the early 2000's, with RPNYC having involvement from 2007. The MRX's have played a part in the development and promotion of sailing in the Wellington region and were the backbone of initiatives such as the regional club keelboat regatta and the Wellington Spirit sailing league.
Wellington Ocean Sports will be running an Advanced Sea Survival Course over the weekend of Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 September 2014. Advanced Sea Survival is a comprehensive theoretical and practical course required by crew competing in Category 1 offshore races. The course is ISAF and Yachting New Zealand approved and held over one weekend.
The RPNYC Youth Scheme team of Adam Middleton, Ben Caundle and William Eastman have settled in to Newport Beach California and are ready for racing at the 48th annual Governor's Cup which is hosted by the Balboa Yacht Club.
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- Winter Match Racing Programme at halfway stage
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre feasibility study published
- Wellington Ocean Sports reaches 400 mark
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Dates set for New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships
- Matt Wood wins Wellington Sports Administrator of the Year
- Exclusive discounts for Members on New Volvo Cars: Save up to 12% and benefit the Club at the same time!
- Do you know anything about the 1951 Wellington to Lyttelton race?
- Coastguard Boating Education courses available for booking
- Great night for Wellington Ocean Sports Grads
- Prize Giving Photos
- Recognition for Wellington Ocean Sports Programme
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Registration of Interest Sought for Crewed Central Triangle Race
- WOS Winter Update
- Reminder about the 2014 AGM
- Winter Racing
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- Learn to sail course places available
- Sir Peter Blake Trust attend Wellington Ocean Sports Centre
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host YNZ Keelboat Coach Course
- Coastal Skipper bookings being taken
- A mixed bag to end the season
- Next Boatmaster course scheduled for June
- Coastal Skipper course announced for August
- Want some child free time over the school holidays??
- Finals of the Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Wellington City Council signs Memorandum of Understanding with RPNYC
- Group Two, Day Four of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Group Two, Day Three of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Crews race – what cyclone?
- Bay of Many Coves race turns into a drifter
- Group one, Day three of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Island Bay race a ripper
- School Water Safety Programme Bookings Being Taken
- Group one, Day two of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League