Wellington Ocean Sports will be running it's only Coastguard Coastal Medic Course for the year this weekend. As well as its marine applications, this course exceeds the Health and Safety requirements of “two day workplace first aid”, so has many commercial usages.
This Friday night in the Wardroom...
Its not an official 'Wellington on a plate burger', but they are the best burgers in town ;) , and we are serving them up for a sweet juicy $12.00. So come down this Friday night to try a Royal Port Nic Beef burger, served with with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, tomato and lettuce served in sesame seed soft fresh bun, with shoestring fries accompanying this divine beef burger goodness, its the perfect way to begin a weekend of indulging, sure to help you through those Beervana session this weekend.
...and on the note of beer, we still have a some of the remarkable 'golden brew' Riwaka secret still available on tap, so come down before this goodie goes. Not to mention though that we are now hosting The Hop Hustlers IPA, made with a mix of exotic hops, this beer is distinctively unique from typical IPA's, perfect for those in favor of a strong bitter and dry finishing beer.
See you all this Friday!
The Youth Scheme are running a Quiz night on the 25th of September. It will be highly entertaining with Nick Tansley as the Quiz Master so get together a team and enter. Tickets include dinner in the wardroom and are only $35. There will be fun Auctions and Raffles during the night.
It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming once again to the Port Nicholson Regatta February 20 - 22 2015. We also have our favourite race management team of John and Linda Parrish returning to run an awesome regatta on the water for us. Briefing is on Thursday night, with racing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Watch this space for more updates with some exciting news to come ...
Last Friday night over 70 people filled the Wardroom to hear an address from the voice of yachting PJ Montgomery. PJ brought with him some previously unseen footage of the key moments from the 34th Americas Cup, gave us an update on where the Americas Cup is heading and covered New Zealand’s build up to the Rio Olympics in 2016.
Huge congratulations to the Wellington Ocean Sports crew on MRX Red that won Division B in the Moore Wilson's Winter Series on Sunday. This is a fantastic result for them and Wellington Ocean Sports graduates that aspire to race regularly. Wellington Ocean Sports enter boats in Club races regularly as a way providing students further experience and transitioning to crewing on members boats.
Our friendly experienced qualified skippers are ready and waiting to get you out sailing. No experience is necessary so come and have some fun on Wellington Harbour.
Click here to find out how
The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club is the perfect venue for day hires and off site meetings. We have 3 Rooms, 3 Options and just 1 Price! For August, September and October you can hire either the Wardroom, Restaurant Space or Boardroom for only $500 a day!
Yet again it was a weekend of two halves experienced by competitors in the 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series. This week we have two unique views on the racing: the Classics from a competitor’s viewpoint; and Sunday’s event report brought to you from the bridge of the Race Committee Boat “Bloody Mary”.
- Coastal Medic Course running on 30 and 31 August
- Entries open for 2015 Crewed Central Triangle
- Wellington Ocean Sports Winter Update
- Youth Scheme fall short of Semi Finals
- Holiday Programme available for booking
- Update from RPNYC at Governor's Cup
- MRX fleet leaving Wellington Ocean Sports
- Advanced Sea Survival running on 13 and 14 September
- Youth Scheme Team Ready For Battle
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- Winter Match Racing Programme at halfway stage
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre feasibility study published
- Wellington Ocean Sports reaches 400 mark
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Dates set for New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships
- Matt Wood wins Wellington Sports Administrator of the Year
- Exclusive discounts for Members on New Volvo Cars: Save up to 12% and benefit the Club at the same time!
- Do you know anything about the 1951 Wellington to Lyttelton race?
- Coastguard Boating Education courses available for booking
- Great night for Wellington Ocean Sports Grads
- Prize Giving Photos
- Recognition for Wellington Ocean Sports Programme
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Registration of Interest Sought for Crewed Central Triangle Race
- WOS Winter Update
- Reminder about the 2014 AGM
- Winter Racing
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- Learn to sail course places available
- Sir Peter Blake Trust attend Wellington Ocean Sports Centre
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host YNZ Keelboat Coach Course
- A mixed bag to end the season
- Next Boatmaster course scheduled for June
- Want some child free time over the school holidays??
- Finals of the Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Wellington City Council signs Memorandum of Understanding with RPNYC
- Group Two, Day Four of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League