Interested in offshore sailing? Well a presentation called "Preparing for an Offshore" will be held in the Wardroom this Monday night from 6pm. FREE for Members. Dinner ($15) served as a fundraiser for RPNYC and The Crewed Central Triangle Race - 2015. Book your ticket now!
Wellington Ocean Sports most recent Advanced Sea Survival Course ran last weekend and was attended by 15 people, our largest group yet. Many were participating as part of preparation for the upcoming Central triangle Offshore race. Others were more interested in cruising to far flung places, for whom the course was equally valuable.
Wellington Ocean Sports next learn to sail class is commencing the evening of Tuesday 7 October and there is still several places available for booking. Now is still a great time of the year to get involved in sailing with many follow on opportunites coming up during the summer. We would like to encourage all current graduates and RPNYC members to consider inviting friends or family along.
A huge thank you to the fantastic team of members who turned out last Saturday. They cleaned, polished, scrubbed, waterblasted and generally tidied up to ensure the Club is in ship shape condition for our Opening Day on Saturday.
What a fantastic start to spring! If the weather we have had over the last few weeks is any indication then we are in for a great summer out on the water. This is the time of the year that activity really ramps up at Wellington Ocean Sports. Now that we are operating with only two boats there will be greater demand than we can meet, so you will need to get in quick if you want to be involved.
Programme for Opening Day
1100 Pre-opening Reception in the Wardroom
1140 Opening Day Speech. Her Worship Celia Wade-Brown
Click here for full programme
This Friday night in the Wardroom...
Fish and chips are now on the menu down at RPNYC, come down to enjoy the friendly banter, and drinks in the sunshine!
See you all this Friday!
Wellington Ocean Sports school holiday programme is commencing next on 29 September and bookings are being taken now. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period including - Sailing, Kayaking, Waka Ama and Stand Up Paddleboard.
The Youth Scheme are running a Quiz night on the 25th of September. It will be highly entertaining with Nick Tansley as the Quiz Master so get together a team and enter. Tickets include dinner in the wardroom and are only $35. There will be fun Auctions and Raffles during the night.
- It's confirmed! The PHRF Nationals are coming...
- Preparing for an offshore
- Friday Night With PJ huge success
- Winter Series success for Wellington Ocean Sports crew
- Corporate Sailing and Team Building
- Waterfront venues available for hire
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – I’ll huff and I’ll puff… maybe
- Entries open for 2015 Crewed Central Triangle
- Wellington Ocean Sports Winter Update
- Youth Scheme fall short of Semi Finals
- Holiday Programme available for booking
- Update from RPNYC at Governor's Cup
- MRX fleet leaving Wellington Ocean Sports
- Youth Scheme Team Ready For Battle
- 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Groundhog Days!
- Winter Match Racing Programme at halfway stage
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – A weekend of two halves!
- Wellington Ocean Sports Centre feasibility study published
- Wellington Ocean Sports reaches 400 mark
- Latest news from the Sailing Committee
- The 2014 RPNYC Moore Wilson’s Winter Series – Let the Games Begin!
- Dates set for New Zealand Youth Match Racing National Championships
- Matt Wood wins Wellington Sports Administrator of the Year
- Exclusive discounts for Members on New Volvo Cars: Save up to 12% and benefit the Club at the same time!
- Do you know anything about the 1951 Wellington to Lyttelton race?
- Coastguard Boating Education courses available for booking
- Great night for Wellington Ocean Sports Grads
- Prize Giving Photos
- Recognition for Wellington Ocean Sports Programme
- 2014 Moore Wilson’s Winter Series - Back and keeping it Fresh!
- Tri-Nations Yachting – An Aussie boat half full of RPNYC Kiwis heads to Fiji
- Registration of Interest Sought for Crewed Central Triangle Race
- WOS Winter Update
- Reminder about the 2014 AGM
- Winter Racing
- Commodore's Trophy Race caps off a great season
- Learn to sail course places available
- Sir Peter Blake Trust attend Wellington Ocean Sports Centre
- Wellington Ocean Sports to host YNZ Keelboat Coach Course
- A mixed bag to end the season