Wellington Ocean Sports still has a few places available in next weeks afternoon sessions of the school holiday programme. The programme is open to all children aged 10 years old and up and will see them experience a variety of ocean sports over a 5 day period including, Sailing, Kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboard and Waka Ama.
Each week the sailing committee updates this article, usually on a Thursday.
Come down this weekend to hang out with your fellow comrades ! We are kicking off this ANZAC Day with a complementary ANZAC biscuit in the morning at 10am, and bar snacks available after racing.
Saturday COMMODORES TROPHY!
See you all this weekend!
Wellington Ocean Sports is running a Coastal Skipper course starting on 25 August and running on Monday and Wednesday evenings until 13 October. This is a prestigious course and it's qualification is a certificate of competency intended for anyone wishing to make coastal passages outside immediate harbour limits.
Wellington Ocean Sports has two boats entered in the last race of the 2013/2014 season, the Commodore's Trophy Race. This is one of the highlights of the racing calendar and traditionally has a great turn out on the water followed by an equally well patronised evening in the Wardroom.
The autumn series just ended was a mixed bag of fortunes. The typically up and down weather of late March - early April played havoc with many. Dave (Airship) lost his mast. Illusions ripped a jib. Terry (Rocket Science) displayed its bottom for an indecent period. Wai-Aniwa blew a kite. Revs damaged another, and White Cavalier was driven to sailing a good part of one race under jib alone.
But that's sailing! See who won the silverware here
With winter fast approaching it is time to start looking at getting into the nice warm classroom to do some theory courses during the long dark winter evenings. Wellington Ocean Sports have a variety of Coastguard Boating Education courses including Day Skipper, Boatmaster and Coastal Skipper. Boatmaster is a prerequisite for Coastal Skipper and our next Boatmaster course in June is the last chance to complete this prior to the Coastal Skipper course in August.
Wellington Ocean Sports is holding it's annual Coastal Skipper course starting on 25 August and running on Monday and Wednesday evenings until 13 October. This is a prestigious course and it's qualification is a certificate of competency intended for anyone wishing to make coastal passages outside immediate harbour limits.
Keen on some child free time over the school holidays??? Wellington Ocean Sports can help!!! We will be running our school holiday programme over both weeks of the school holidays. We have a 3 day option commencing on April 22 and a 5 day option commencing on April 28.
Perfect Weather greeted the six teams on wednesday night all vying for a shot at victory in the 2014 March Wellington Spirit Sailing League. There was a Semi and a Final to complete on the inner harbour, the tricky ten knot southerly kept it interestsing with several lead changes.
- Wellington City Council signs Memorandum of Understanding with RPNYC
- Group Two, Day Four of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Group Two, Day Three of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Crews race – what cyclone?
- RPNYC Member discounts for MRX charter
- Bay of Many Coves race turns into a drifter
- Group one, Day three of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Island Bay race a ripper
- School Water Safety Programme Bookings Being Taken
- Group one, Day two of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Group two, Day two of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Blink is the fastest boat around the North Island
- Day Skipper Course Announced
- Bacchante and Black Diamond crowned National PHRF champions
- RPNYC 1st and 2nd at CentrePort Champs
- A lot of breeze on day two of the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- A long day on the water at the CentrePort Youth Match Racing Champs on day two
- Four races down on race day one in the Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta
- Fog lifts for a solid ten flights on day one of the CentrePort Youth Match Racing Champs
- 2014 CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Event underway
- Group two, Day one of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- The 2014 Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta is underway
- Sign up for your RPNYC Glengarry Club Card and go into the prize draw
- RPNYC 1st and 4th at the Nespresso Youth International Championship
- Blink blitzes fleet into Napier to win leg three of the RNI2014 Race
- Mount Gay and Glengarry's form partnership with RPNYC
- Group one, Day one of the 2014 Wellington Spirit Sailing League
- Windsurfing Lessons All Go!!
- Wellington Spirit sailor Josh Junior wins Finn nationals with race to spare
- Two Handed Round North Island Race
- Annual Nelson Extravanganza
- Wellington Spirit sailor Josh Junior has tight battle at Sail Auckland regatta
- Last chance for early entry fees
- An awfully big adventure - 35 days on a small boat
- Countdown is on – just 22 days to go until Line 7 Marine Port Nicholson Regatta 2014!
- Tough start in Perth
- Youth Scheme ready for a busy 4 weeks
- Cruising Skipper visited by Dolphins & Orca
- Holiday Adventures at Wellington Ocean Sports
- Get out on the Harbour this weekend