Wellington Ocean Sports last Boatmaster course of the year commences on Monday 12 October and runs over Monday and Wednesday evenings. Boatmaster is a comprehensive theory only course covering all the esentials you need including - safety, equipment, weather, rules of the road and navigation.
The 2015 College Sport Wellington Match Racing Championships will be held on the 19th and 20th of September at the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club. The application form for interested college teams is now available.
Think you're a budding Chris Coad? Want to win some rum? Enter our photo competition.
The only Coastal Medic Course for the year will be running the weekend of 29 and 30 August 2015. Coastal Medic is a prerequisite to the more advance Offshore Medic. As well as its marine applications, this course exceeds the Health and Safety requirements of “two day workplace first aid”, so has many commercial usages.
Race Day 3 of the Moore Wilson’s Winter Series dawned with a light southerly forecast and the promise of some tactical light weather sailing for the day.
Well winter has well and truly arrived this week!!! Although despite a few cold days here and there we have had plenty of action both on and off the water. On the water the first 2 races of the Winter Series have had perfect weather and the WOS boats have been engaged in some competitive racing. The wether forecast for this Sunday is looking great again and there are still a few places available. Off the water we are about to head into our last Boatmaster Course of the season. Take a look through the other opportunities to get involved we have.
Three weeks ago Wellington Ocean Sports secured a $20,000 grant from the Mana Community Grants Foundation as part of our wider push for funding to support our School Safe Boating Programme. This funding is specifically for students from the Porirua area and on Friday 26 June delivery commenced with students from He Huarahi Tamariki School.
In the last week, Wellington Ocean Sports hosted a Workplace First Aid which was run by James Allen, from Training Innovations. Three instructors Sam Price, Holly Novis and Graeme Mercer completed the course along with a Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club Volunteer, Malcom Baxter. Joining the course was also a team from TSS Motor Cycles and Diesel Equipment Services Ltd.
Race Day 2 of the fully crewed Moore Wilson's Winter Series promised a little more breeze than race day 1. With a freshening forecast, the RO Ken Burt opted for a club house start which saw the fleet lining up for a short reach to the first mark followed by a great W/L course.
- 2015 AGM
- Advanced Sea Survival running in August
- Only Coastal Medic Course for the year available for booking
- Last winter VHF course available for booking
- Crew Available!!
- Porirua College Students Learn the Ropes
- WOS Winter Racing
- Wellington Ocean Sports host SUP instructors course
- Coastal Medic course to run in August
- Commodore's Trophy and Veterans Race
- First Day Skipper course of the year commencing Tuesday evening
- Winter Programme Registrations Still Open
- Autumn Update
- Leg Three Finish
- Start of Leg Three
- When it's too windy for rum racing
- Leg One Gallery
- Leg Two Gallery
- Leg Three Gallery
- Leg 1 - Wellington to Akaroa, 1903 Friday sked
- And they're off!
- Countdown on for start of Fully Crewed Central Triangle
- CYCA Dominate CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championships
- Wellington Ocean Sports February Update
- 2015 Sovereign Port Nic Regatta Race Day 3
- 2015 Sovereign Port Nic Regatta Race Day 2
- Sovereign Port Nic Regatta Race Day 1
- CentrePort 2015 Day 3
- 100 students from Porirua College undertake Safe Boating Programme
- Port Nic Regatta Update 2
- 2015 Kapiti-Chetwodes Offshore Race
- CentrePort Youth International Match Racing Champs
- Advanced sea survival course
- Sovereign Announced as Naming Sponsor For 2015 Port Nicholson Regatta
- CentrePort Youth Match Racing Championships Set to be a Trans-Tasman affair
- Cruising Skipper 43 Great Success
- Get your Hams - Youth Scheme Fundraiser
- The Brothers Race - rip, shite and a little bust!
- Schools Safe Boating Education Programme Underway
- RPNYC return from Youth Regattas in Sydney